If you can’t find the answer to your question below, please call us on 1300-THE STUDIO. We’d be happy to help.
If you no longer want to receive messages from us, simply email us via firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
The Melbourne Portrait Studio is serious about protecting your privacy. In handling your personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act (as amended). This policy sets out how The Melbourne Portrait Studio collects, stores, uses, discloses and otherwise handles your personal information. This policy may be updated from time to time.
What personal information does The Melbourne Portrait Studio collect and why?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its services and/or products, The Melbourne Portrait Studio may collect your personal information. Generally, the kinds of personal information The Melbourne Portrait Studio collects are:
- Contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone/mobile numbers and email address;
- Credit card and other banking information for the purpose of facilitating payment to The Melbourne Portrait Studio for services and/or products provided;
- Images of you contained in photographic materials; and
- Other information such as information about your hobbies or interests to personalise your photography session;
- In some circumstances The Melbourne Portrait Studio may also hold other personal information provided by you.
How does The Melbourne Portrait Studio collect personal information?
Generally, The Melbourne Portrait Studio collects your personal information directly from you, through:
- The completion of a manual or online form, such as an application form on The Melbourne Portrait Studio’s website;
- An interaction or exchange in person, such as through a face-to-face meeting, or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the The Melbourne Portrat Studio website; and/or
- When you enter a The Melbourne Portrait Studio competition.
There may be occasions when The Melbourne Portrait Studio collects your personal information from other sources such as from:
- Third parties with which The Melbourne Portrait Studio does business;
- An information services provider;
- A publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites.
- Generally, The Melbourne Portrait Studio will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
Why does The Melbourne Portrait Studio need your personal information?
The Melbourne Portrait Studio collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- Providing to you personalised photography services and photography products, including processing your orders or applications and dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- Issuing to you your The Melbourne Portrat Studio Experience Voucher;
- Accounting, billing and other internal administrative and business management purposes; and carrying out market and product analysis.
- The Melbourne Portrait Studio may also use your personal information, including your image, quotes or other information for inclusion with our marketing materials, where you have consented to such use.
- Also, The Melbourne Portrait Studio may use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect The Melbourne Portrait Studio to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, The Melbourne Portrait Studio takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to The Melbourne Portrait Studio. However, without certain information from you, The Melbourne Portrait Studio may not be able to provide its services and/or products to you.
The Melbourne Portrait Studio may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of services and/or products that may be of interest to you from The Melbourne Portrat Studio or selected third parties. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting The Melbourne Portrat Studio on 1300-THESTUDIO (1300-843 788) or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
To whom does The Melbourne Portrait Studio disclose your personal information?
The Melbourne Portrait Studio discloses your personal information for the purpose for which The Melbourne Portrait Studio collects it, as set out above. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- Third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services on behalf of The Melbourne Portrait Studio;
- People or entities considering acquiring an interest in The Melbourne Portrait Studio’s enterprise or assets or otherwise working with The Melbourne Portrait Studio to facilitate the provision of its services and/or products;
- The Melbourne Portrait Studio’s professional advisors, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate.
- Disclosures to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. The Melbourne Portrait Studio may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Security of your Personal Information
The Melbourne Portrait Studio takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The Melbourne Portrait Studio holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
The Melbourne Portrait Studio will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless The Melbourne Portrait Studio is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
How to access and correct your personal information
The Melbourne Portrait Studio takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by The Melbourne Portrait Studio. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that The Melbourne Portrait Studio holds about you, or you would like more information on The Melbourne Portrait Studio’s approach to privacy, please contact The Melbourne Portrait Studio on 1300-THESTUDIO (1300-843 788) .
The Melbourne Portrait Studio will grant access to your personal information to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate. To obtain access to your personal information:
You will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- The Melbourne Portrait Studio requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require;
- The Melbourne Portrait Studio may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to The Melbourne
Portrait Studio for providing access in accordance with your request.
Please direct all privacy complaints to The Melbourne Portrait Studio’s at email@example.com.
At all times, privacy complaints:
will be treated seriously;
will be dealt with promptly;
will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and The Melbourne Portrait Studio .
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.